The Great Migration Safari Masai Mara
4 days/ 3 nights
From 900 US$
Experience the most extraordinary and largest mass movement of millions of wildebeest, 200,000 zebra, and half a million Thompson’s gazelles as they follow an annual 500 km circular route around the Serengeti in Tanzania and Maasai Mara ecosystems in search of water and pasture. If you are planning for a tour of the Mara, let it coincide with the Great wildebeest Migration. The great migration is considered Africa’s greatest wildlife spectacle and one of the World’s most exceptional natural phenomena. The great moments include: ? The crossing point on the Mara River; the herds die by drowning or are devoured by the crocodiles while trying to cross the fast moving waters. ? The movement of the great herds on the plains with the air full of their smell, dust and their sounds. Driving in their midst is an overwhelming experience. The herds also attract hungry packs of predators – most probably lions and hyenas and other meat eaters such as cheetahs, leopards, wild dogs and jackals that follow them all along
Day 1 We visit the point of great migration to view the herds as they cross the Mara River. You will also be able to view giant crocodiles as they wait with subtle cunning for prey and hippos basking in the muddy waters. We will also explore the richness and beauty of Mara, the open grasslands with a lot of acacia trees and the rolling hills for a chance to spot cheetahs, black manned lions, leopards, elephants and mighty giraffes. In between drives you can lounge at the pool or at the bar.
Day 2 After breakfast in Nairobi, we drive to Maasai Mara game reserve. We arrive in time for lunch then a late afternoon game drive.
Day 3 This day we visit a local Masai village for a glimpse of their culture and traditions
Day 4 An early morning drive followed by breakfast after which we drive back to Nairobi
Included with this package:
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals noted in the itinerary.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary